LET’S FACE IT.
I’M BROKE-LIKE MANY OTHERS. SO WHY, OH WHY, DO SOME PEOPLE BUY MORE THAN ONE COPY OF THE SAME BOOK?
Today is the first ever post of a new series called The Everlasting Discussion *. Yayy! These posts will be posted once a month depending on my schedule and plans and busy-ness and stuff . I’m going to be writing about lots of different, original (hopefully) topics to do with blogging, writing and reading….probably in the opposite order? This is my first time doing a discussion so I hope you enjoy! Today the topic is (drumroll please!):
Buying multiple versions of a book- crazy or hardcore fan?
Lots of bookish minds buy books quite a lot of books- well at least as soon as they’ve saved up enough**.
Some, however, buy more than ONE (1) copy of the same book! I was really surprised when my Harry Potter mad friend told me that she’d brought about 3 (or 9) different versions of the first book. Crazy or what?
I was pretty surprised as I don’t really buy books that often (or ever) because I usually get given them for birthdays and stuff. I would honestly never imagine buying double books because I hoard money 💰 almost as much as books in preparation for Operation Buying the World if ‘hostile takeover’ doesn’t work.
I immediately thought she was crazy but then I began to ponder over it and decided to do a post on it! This intro’s pretty long, so let’s get started!
*Do you get the sheer genius of the name?**Yeah, so it is going to take ages…
Why you are completely crazy
Just to make it clear, dear reader, I didn’t mean to insult you. Please don’t take it up with your lawyers
. 😐 Reasons why someone might think someuno might be crazy:
- Brokedness* #No!!
- You could spend the money on other supercool books
- You could spend it on FOOD.🍍🍉🍟🥪🌮🍰🎂🍮🥧🍩🍿🍫🍪
- You could buy me a gift- what on EARTH could be better than that?
- If you spend it you’re going to have to save up again. Which is just plain hard
- You probably won’t even read all the books if they tell The. Exact. Same. Story
cos we’re just really lazy creatures of habit who grab the nearest thing and can’t be bothered.
*It is a real word. Trust me. When have I ever lied to you?
Why you are just a hardcore fan
- You are completely in love with a book/series and need all the merch*
- You want to support the author- they probably spent a lot of time and effort on the book; reward them with a bit o’ cash!
- The book contains EXTRA BONUS FEATURES!! like a bookmark, writing, illustrations,
- You have too much cash** and don’t really mind spending it
- It gives you something to show off about- “And here is one’s exquisite collection of all the different Hunger Games editions.”
- It would be SOOO satisfying!
* Oh. Wow. Did I actually say that?**HOW CAN YOU HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY????******If you do though, I don’t mind spending it for you *flutters eyelashes*
I hope you guys enjoyed reading this and it was a good discussion! Personally, I can see the appeal of having every book from a particular series- it would just be so aesthetically pleasing and satisfying! Some people do this if the editors randomly create a different chain of covers halfway through a series.
I, however, wouldn’t ever do this because I get very tempted by other things and my parents would be quite annoyed! In my opinion, you aren’t crazy if you buy different copies of the same book and hey, who am I to judge? It’s a free country!
Unless you do it like all the time. Kidding! Just kidding!
CHAT WITH ME! Did you like my first ever discussion post? Or did you like it? Are you broke too? Do you like the name of this series? Any topics you want me to talk about? Have you ever bought different copies of the same book? Do you think it’s crazy or not? What’s the last book you bought?*
*I’m just curious, okay? Random question.Thanks for reading guys,
Ps. I wasn’t able to make my formatting as great as I wanted because my Dad’s busy with his laptop for work and I’m doing this from my phone. Just ignore it if it looks weird! I’ll make sure it’s perfect tomorrow!Also The Everlasting Library’s got 50 readers!!! Thanks so much guys you are awesome!! ❤️😀😊🎉