I’VE BEEN MISSING ON THE INTERNET SO BAD THIS MONTH…
AND IT SUCKS.
Soo… I’ve been majorly MIA recently and I’m super sad about that. November is a new month, however, and I am going to try my HARDEST to be the best blogger I possibly can this month!
…Wish me luck. ❤️
Let’s get on and wrap-up the wonderful month of OCTOBER when I celebrated my birthday and ate Halloween sweets but overall just failed at life. Yay!
I read 14 books in total! Which I’m quite happy with to be honest! My average rating for the books I read was 4.36- not too shabby! I chose some pretty good books this month to be honest! 2 were arcs and 3 were ebooks.
Caraval by by Stephanie Garber// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
These Precious Scars by Emily Suvada// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Distortion by Victor Dixen// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5
City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab // ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5
Blood Red, Snow White by Marcus Sedgwick// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
The Bigfoot Files by Lindsay Eagar// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
One of us is lying by Karen M. McManus//⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck// ⭐️⭐️⭐️.5
Ivon by Michael Aylwin//⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Erm- I have four 5-star books?! So I can’t really choose?!?! They Both Die at the End was so sad and powerful that it had me in tears. The fault in our Stars is also a really sad book but it has such a beautiful ending! Caraval was so magical and wonderful and is definitely a story I’ll remember! There were so many plot twists and aghgh I loved it!! Children of Blood and Bone was also AMAZING + diverse characters! When does the next book come out?!?! I honestly can’t believe I hadn’t read these books already! They’d all been on my TBR for quite a while now and I love love LOVE them!!
I don’t think there was a particular disappointment this month but I gave the lowest rating to Of Mice and Men I probably didn’t like it as much because I read it over a really long time and it was a school read! The ending was really emotional and I almost cried. I think it would have been unexpected but SOMEONE ruined it for me. Urghh
I was inactive recently so I didn’t get any books but in September, I was sent a copy of Caraval (which I read and absolutely loved- it was so thrilling and plot-twisty!!) and Under Rose-Tainted Skies (which was also really awesome and LUKE!!) by @ashortbooklover (GO SHOW HER SOME LOVE) who was my first-ever bookish fairy! She also sent me super cool Harry Potter and Ace of Shades badges! I really appreciate it so much and I just wanted to say thank you! I love them soo much!!
Note: I do not mean to brag but putting the books on here helps me recall which books I received and need to review and are a way of showing my appreciation to the author/publisher etc.
Define blogging??? I literally wrote 1 post I feel super guilty. I don’t know what’s been going on but I’m not happy and I will try my hardest to post at least once a week. My post
s from this month:
I did a collab with the awesome Taylor from Basic Creativity and you should definitely check out that post and her blog!
Great posts from around the blogosphere!
- ashortbooklover wrote a post about libraries and bookstores from around the world! And honestly?! I would love to go to each and every one of them!
- Olivia wrote about characters she would instantly be friends with and I relate!
- Sophie gave cool advice on writing a novel that’s definitely going to be helpful during the NaNoWriMo season!
- Vicky recommended 50 novels with Asian protagonists and whooo for Asian rep!! All of these are pretty cool and I can’t wait for a chance to read them!
- And there’s plenty more allergy to opening the reader still exists so. *coughcoughsneeze*
- Well, it was my BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
- I had a super great time! I don’t know if you want to hear about it but lemme know if you do…*awkward silence*
- I got a kindle tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@23#o5 2
- Lowkey freaking out so much
- Halloween happened.
- I didn’t really do anything but I stole my brother’s sweets so MWAHAHAHA.
- Also is you haven’t added me on twitter my username is @kerys_howarddd
- Yes I’m still doing the #ShamelessSelfPromo
- Ooh and it is/was half-term and that was good but I have homework :(((
- So yeah??
- Nothing much to be honest, November is a pretty dead month to be honest
- Next big thing is the Christmas holidays!!!!!
- Can’t wait!
I love goals!! Which is sad because when I fail then I have to go and cry somewhere. Ok let’s see if I’ve done these goals from AUGUST.
- Read 12 books ✅ I read 11 in September and 14 in October! I would’ve failed if it was just September but>>>
- Read 3 arcs and review them ✅ I did this!!! I reviewed XX by Angela Chadwick and a couple other which I can’t remember.
- Come up with a full character ❌ Lol no.
- POST ON SCHEDULE ❌ Does a schedule even exist? Like has anyone actually seen it?
- Make a review policy page ✅ This actually took forever and I put in a lot of effort into this! I’d love it if you could check it out and give me some feedback!
- Drink a bottle of water a day ❌ WATTTEEEERRRRRRRR????
- Do homework as soon as POSSIBLE ✅❌ I fail some weeks but then not other weeks? Let’s just count this as a win, shall we?
- Comment on plenty of blogs ❌ Haha nope.
- Track good posts
- Drink Water
- Read and review 3 arcs
- Keep doing homework on time
- Comment on blogs
- Be more active online
- Try and help people (this is really vague lol but I don’t even know what I mean:))
CHAT WITH ME! How was your month? Did you get a half-term holiday? Did you go trick-or-treating? <small>If so will you give me some?????</small> Is your birthday in October? Do you have any tips or tricks to blogging more consistently?