WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO TELL ME WHAT I HAVE DONE WITH THIS MONTH?!?! BECAUSE I REALLY DON’T KNOW.
So… Feb went
slightly kinda a lot downhill. Keep scrolling for failure and failure books and failure awesomeness. I’m glad February is over.
I read 13 books this month!
Which is pretty much the only impressive thing about this month! I have no idea how this happened but let’s hope I’m not burned out in March! OMG IT’S MARCH ALREADY?! My average rating was 3.85 which is REALLY low for me? Normally my average is at least 4. *Sighs* I guess that shows it’s better to have quality over quantity! Click on the covers/names to go to their Goodreads page!
Master of Sorrows by Justin Travis Call// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5
The Dreamers by Karen Thompson Walker// ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Looking for Alaska by John Green// ⭐️⭐️
Run, Riot by Nikesh Shukla// ⭐️⭐️⭐️.5
Opposite of Always by Justin A. Reynolds// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
The Orphanage of Gods by Helena Coggan// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Emily Eternal by M.G. Wheaton// ⭐️⭐️⭐️.5
The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
The Sacrifice Box by Martin Stewart// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes// ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Circe by Madeline Miller// ⭐️⭐️⭐️
It’s got to be Opposite of Always! I was so incredibly excited for this book and it did not disappoint! From Jack’s humor to the wonderful friendships to all their cereal munching… I loved every moment! (also this book lowkey made me fall in love with the colour yellow so help.)
I was really disappointed by Circe. Everyone spoke so highly of this book and I literally saw so many good reviews of this everywhere! I ended up not enjoying it that much and it didn’t really make me feel anything to be honest. I did like all the mythology though and the way you other stories and myths were mixed into this book!
Erm well… this is where it all goes horrible. I only posted like 4 times? Including the January wrap up post? Which is pretty iffy not gonna lie. It wan’t even consistent.
I’ve decided that I’m only going to be posting once a week from now on with occasional reviews/ extra stuff sprinkled here and there! This is mainly because I’m becoming a lot more busy now with work and study and family and hobbies so I have less time to read and blog! I’m still going to be lurking and hanging around on here and Twitter so feel free to chat! (i don’t bite and secretly love company)
Around the blogosphere!
- Ju talks about books her mind randomly pairs together and it is such a unique post!
- May shares her favourite diverse book couples (+ fan art!!) and they are all so cute!
- Rita created her very own ‘build your own dream reading corner’ tag and it looks so fun!
- Vicky tells us about underrated books by black authors and my TBR lowkey just exploded.
- Ilsa shares some awesome ships and omg i really wish shipping characters was a real life job.
- AND THERE ARE SO MANY MORE AWESOME POSTS BUT I FORGET (sorry)
- It was my brother’s birthday!!
- I got a job!
- CALL DOWN THE HAWK BY MAGGIE STIEFVATER EXISTS!!
- Some stuff went down
- My team came super high in this competition (we didn’t win but we are so proud!!)
- IT has been so hot recently and I love it because my brain literally doesn’t work when it’s grey (like now?)
- I know it’s bad for the environment
- IT WAS SUNNY!!!
- And yeahh…
- I really don’t have a life
- Read 10 books ✅I read 13 books!
- Review 5ish books on Goodreads ✅More or less!
- READ AN ARC ✅ I read both Opposite of Always (which was awesome) and Mater of Sorrows (awesome)
- Write something? ❌ I should lowkey give up on all writing… wait. Does school work count?
- Keep posting consistently! ❌ HAHAHAHA. NOPE.
- Do 10,000 steps every day ❌ I tried so hard! I missed 2 days (because it was like 11 and I fell asleep as soon as I got into bed) and I cried.
- Catch up on comments from last month ❌ Hmmm… no.
- Track notable life moments and good posts for next month’s wrap-up ❌ Nahh.
Decide for yourself how
bad awesome this is.
- Track my reading in a spreadsheet
- Read 10 books
- Review 4ish books on Goodreads
- Post. Consistently.
- Take more bookish photos
- Reply to comments
- 10,000 steps every day!
- Track notable life moments and good posts for next month’s wrap-up
How was your February? Do you have any goals for March? What was your favourite thing you read/watched? What’s life been like? Anything exciting happen? DIVULGE YOUR SECRETS!!
Goodreads | Twitter | Bloglovin’ | Ko-Fi
10 thoughts on “Everlasting February// Everything went kinda downhill but yay for reading?”
Woah! Sounds like you’ve been super busy :O congrats on your new job- what is it? And I reckon posting once a week is super sensible: post whenever you feel, and don’t stress about it!
13??! I can’t even dream of that many! I’m looking to read Circe soon, so I’ll let you know what I think. I’m not keeping my expectations too high. 😞
aahh kerys ur back!!!!!!! and u read SO MUCH OMG WHAT THE HECK. i read… 9 books 😭
ahh im sorry you didn’t like circe that much. i’ve heard such good things!! YOU READ SO MUCH THIS MONTH KERYS WHO ARE YOU?!?!?
13 books???? Good job, Kerys!! I love that you read Fangirl but don’t love that yours has been the 5th 3-star rating I’ve seen for The Dreamers 😦 I have been so excited to pick that one up since last year, but now, I don’t really know??? By the way, I love your pictures of The Opposite of Always. They’re gorgeous!
Good luck on getting your 10,000 steps! I have that goal too so I feel your pain.
I’m so happy to hear you liked opposite of always! That one sounds so cute and I’ve been very curious about it!
13 books is so good!! It’s a shame about all the other things. If it makes you feel any better, aside from some books reviews I only did like three other posts in February. Hopefully March is better for us both! And good luck with your goals for the month!
omg that proof of Opposite of Always is so pretty and your photos are so visually pleasing?? I LOVE THE BACKGROUND AND THE COLOR SCHEME!! it really sucks that you weren’t able to post often this month, but we all have off months. for example, I had six off-months in a row last year, so don’t fret!! ❤
WOW—13 books?! I don’t think I could do that lol. February was pretty good for my blog and stuff. I was approved for my first ARC, which was exciting.
I hope you meet your goals for March! 💜😄