I hope you’re all doing well and are feeling as brilliant as is possible! We all know there’s some stuff going on but do you know THE FACTS?! (as told by a completely accurate and all-knowing source)
- there is indeed a pandemic happening
- most of us are in self-isolation or will probably be at some point
- it is HIGHLY likely that we will become iNcrEdiBLy bored mindless creatures
- we will probably become so bored that reading old leaflets from takeaway places has become entertaining
- so i mean i have my priorities completely straight when i say I’m going to provide y’all with fun things to do that STOP you from becoming zombies.
- I had so much fun writing this and I hope you enjoy reading this so let’s go!
1. Learn to say all those confusing character names that you used to skim over when you read
don’t even pRETEND you didn’t do this
2. Rearrange your shelves! Quoting another (brilliant) post, “There are so many ways to organise!! I’m literally dying of happiness right now:
- Alphabetically- By the first name of the author or the last name of the author or the first letter of the title or… the last letter of the title??
- Colour order- Aesthetically pleasing or what?!
- Height order- More satisfying than slime.
- By genre- This doesn’t really work if you only read a couple of genres but still???
- By cover design?!
- Randomly- Why not? Your shelves; your rules!”
3. Have a photoshoot with your books – I mean did you even rearrange your shelves if you don’t have photographic evidence?!
4. HiDE your snacks and forget about them before you eat them all!! and then when you find them it will be a BRILLIANT surprise (not bookish but 110% essential)
5. Stalk Pinterest and make mood boards on eVERytHinG including your favourite book, that wip you need to get around to writing and your third cousin’s boyfriend’s cat.
6. Read fan-fiction – there is so much quality fanfic on the internet! I don’t really read much but I’ve heard fanfiction.net and Wattpad are awesome. You can distract yourself for hours because there is a ton of treasure out there!
7. Make some bookish art and craft!! You could make cute corner animal bookmark things!! You can SPRAY PAINT SOME EDGES!! Make a cute book sleeve or create some fan art! The possibilities are endless and incredibly exciting!!
8. Memorise the Dewey Decimal system even if it just to brag about it as your cool party trick because this is prettttyy awesome
9. Make a one-person show about a book and perform it to yourself or your family!! you could even dress up and go completely wild!
10. Make a playlist based on a book or a character! There is a ton of inspiration on the internet and you get to spend hours listening to and discovering music!
11. Make a cosy fort and read in it! Nothing like a pandemic to set your inner child free!
12. Do a bookish puzzle; the bigger the better!
13. Make a sentence story with your friends or family – each person adds a sentence and your overall goal is to come up with a story eg,
- person 1: once upon a time, there was a wizard in a castle.
- person 2: one day he was asked to make a vanishing spell for the king.
- person 3: the wizard accidentally on purpose made a mistake in the spell.
and so on and on. you might come up with something really cool!
14. Read for 24 hours straight because what even is sanity anymore
15. Discover some new favourite words! Plenty of online dictionaries have a word of the day feature like dictionary.com. Words are brilliant! Ever since 10-year-old me discovered her favourite word “silhouette”, she has managed to use it in EVERY single creative writing piece she has written (no joke)
16. Bake snacks from your favourite books!
17. Try and read in all the different spots in your house/garden and rate them from best to worst – you might thank me later!
18. Learn TikTok dances but BOOKISH; if you don’t know what TikTok is, have you been living under a rock?! Hannah did a Renegade tutorial but for bookworms which is so cool! I’ll try and embed it but if it doesn’t work, you need to check it out here!
19. Imagine up your ideal reading nook! Wall to floor shelves? Sliding ladders? An endless supply of snacks? You can have it all!
20. Read my posts !!
#ShamelessSelfPromo but at least I saved it till the end Some of my favourite posts include (i tried to narrow it down okay?!):
- 5 Seemingly pointless things a bookworm spends time on
- Crimes every bookworm commits// What do you need to take when you’re on the run??
- Does buying the same versions of a book make you crazy or a hardcore fan?
- Reasons why I love ‘My So-Called Bollywood Life’ by Nisha Sharma// ft. a bit of fangirling
- Mini-Reviews// ft. contemporaries which WILL. steal your heart!
- I listened to an audiobook for the first time – would I do it again?// ft. me questioning everything + LISTS
This should definitely keep you going for a while! Also, check out other blogs (future me update: I was going to mention people but I’m not feeling that great today so just going to leave it at this :|)and socialise online!
Chat with me! Did you like any of these ideas? Which was your favourite? Are you going to try any of these out? Do you have any other cool things that I should do to not be bored? Divulge your secrets…
Hugs and stay safe!